Friday, April 27, 2012

Ranking 2011... somehow I am still there...

A moment of self-celebration...
I notice that the local athletic association has published the annual athlete ranking for 2011.
Running in HK has gone a long way from the lows of 2004/05 and around...
for example,  to make it into the top 10 for 5000m, now a 15'xx" is a must, while some years ago maybe even a 17'00" would have landed a top10...
still we are very far from really competitive nations, but the progress is tangible and anyway HK is a small place where sports are not really considered a meaningful way to spend people's time...

this said... despite having a very short season, I could still make it in the top 10 of the marathon, precisely landing a #6 spot!! very sweet to still see my name in the list and for next season I hope to make my name also in other distances (last resort is to switch to racewalking...hehe)

NOTE 1: 2 italians in the top 10 of a "foreign country"marathon ranking...really weird.
NOTE 2: my team mates made it in the ranking across many distances... from 5000m to Marathon, we are all there in scores (especially best wishes to Stefano who got a serious health condition in April and had to stop running for the moment: despite running only 2-3 races, he is still #2 in the marathon and #5 in the half)

No comments: