Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wk5 - Australian Week report

Being on holidays did magic for my running...
I totaled 123Km in a week which is probably very near my life-time record...
To keep faith to my habits, I was always running at 5.30 or 6.00am, but not having to drive for hours or work until late makes a huge difference on recovery...
So the 123km come out without too much effort...

Basically all the run were on the seaside cycling track in Busselton... after a week I was familiar with every crack of the road, but I can not complain about running in such a nice view...
I had with me only a pairs of Asics Kayano and honestly after 8 days I was totally fed-up to run in these kind of protective shoes. The stride lose lose elasticity and also my calves muscles got shorter...
My definite preference is for light trainers... I am not into barefoot running, but definitely the best choice is to use the lightest and least cushioned shoe you can tolerate

Mon: 15km easy to get used to the place
Tue: I really wanted to make a last long run before the HK marathon, so I went for 33km @ steady 4'10"... like an idiot I did not carry any water, so after the sun come out, I was really craving for fluids.. but somehow I managed to do the all run without anything.
Wed: recovery run 12km
Thu: even if I was by then knowing that I would have run an Half Marathon, I did not want to lose the chance to work on my weak point which is gait and stride length... so after 30' easy, I added 8x1' @ 3'20" pace to work on leg turnover, etc. Total: 16km
Fri: 12km easy
Sat: half marathon (note: praise to the organizer for setting up this nice race. But I must honestly say that races in HK are "more" in terms of service to the runner... (baggage storage, prizes, etc) . Total 25km including w/u
Sun: 10k relaxed... (well... it was incredibly windy, so It was fairly hard even to run slowly...)

now is time to taper down for the HK marathon...

No comments: