Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 30/2010 Summary

81 km for the week. (week before was 60k).
I  still do not capacitate myself on how I could reach 80km in a week, but since I went jogging around 45-50 minutes daily the total makes sense....


a) I feel very crappy... it might be the heat, but I feel like crawling rather than running...
early morning is already 29C and baking sun... after 20 minutes I feel already exhausted. Sunday I had to stop and squeeze the socks (advertised as quick-dry) because they are swollen with sweat...


During the longish run on Sunday, I was dreaming to be still on holiday in the Bieszczady  mountains at the border between Poland and Ukraine where we spend wonderful holidays a couple of years ago: in the early morning the temperature was around 10C at the most and running never felt easier (especially because of the great forests trails there...)


b) 80k seems a decent level for now. No need to increase mileage further until the temperature cools down a bit. Now the target is reaching a decent weekly pattern:
- Tue: AT Intervals
- Thur: sprints/strides
- Fri: 20' of hard effort (hill or flat)
- Sun: reach gradually 1h45 long run
 all other days, jogging/crawling...


If I can keep this cycle for a month, I should be back to decent form...

No comments: