Thursday, April 22, 2010

Criterium Race Report

Race #5 of the Road Calendar, at the usual loop in Science Park.
It was pouring rain all the early morning and I got a good dose when I rode from home to the start point... (luckily only 15min...).

Basically I would have been more then happy to just survive the race without crashes, but it come out a very nice day for our team and also for myself...



We (team Colossi.cc) set up a strong pace right from the start and our rider "Laz" was very daring to go for a solo attack with 4 laps to go.
It was a great effort and he went straight to the finish line to claim a well deserved overall victory. Well done, man !!

So we were back in what was left of the group to stop all the attacks






and it was very quickly time for a sprint...


I am not that good as a sprinter, but I managed a 2nd place of the bunch and also 2nd of the M40 category... (It should not be difficult to recognize that I am the one on the left end, with blue helmet). Pic was taken right after the finish line...

All pics are taken from a great photo album from Stanley Luk which covers also the other races of the day (youth, junior, woman, MTB, Point race, etc, etc, etc, etc...).
So overall I felt very good, I "did the race" and just a bit disappointment for the sprint lost...
The small local races are real fun because they do not require a huge effort and long training, but is a pity that there are only 5-6 races in a whole year...

Lastly a well deserved tribute to the man of the day, in full effort for his solo win

No comments: